Logan is the Director of Workplace Strategies for West, Lane & Schlager Realty Advisors, LLC. She specializes in helping organizations work more effectively and make informed decisions during times of great change, such as deciding what work will look like post-COVID or physical space requirements when considering real estate options.
As a workplace strategist and certified interior designer, Logan has worked extensively with an array of associations and nonprofit organizations over the last decade. She draws from her educational and practical experience to provide actionable and research-driven solutions for her clients.
Prior to turning her focus to workplace strategy at OPX, Logan developed years of experience as a commercial interior designer at firms such as OTJ. Once at OPX, Logan used her expertise to execute workplace strategy processes and implement design recommendations for a 10,000 square foot expansion and renovation-in-place of a large nonprofit law firm, Institute for Justice, in Arlington, Virginia. Logan also spearheaded a workplace strategy project for a large Richmond-based municipal client, which included coordinating and executing observation studies, programming documents, conducting organizational growth studies, and developing test fits for a proposed 110,000 square foot addition.
WORKPLACE STRATEGY APPROACH
Leveraging her degrees in Psychology and Interior Design, Logan develops an integrative workplace strategy methodology that is customized for each client. The basis of the process is a multifaceted approach to data gathering. An entire workplace strategies engagement takes about 8 weeks and an average of 2-5 hours per person (total) over the course of those weeks. Clients working with Logan can expect a version of the following:
- Step 01: Organizational Overview – deep dive into your culture and communication (1 hour)
- Step 02: Leadership Workshop – stakeholders participate in an interactive web-based workshop where all aspects of your organization its goals are discussed (3 hours)
- Step 03: Surveys – anonymous survey provided to all staff, emphasis on how work gets done (30 min)
- Step 04: Focus Groups | Interviews – peer groups provide insight into nuances of the organization (1 hour)
- Step 05: Recommendations – document summarizing the engagement and findings, includes space layout requirements, cultural, technological, and process-based recommendations based on data gathered throughout process.
As Logan guides her clients through the workplace strategy process, she ensures that every recommendation aligns with the organization’s mission. Her objective is to facilitate a productive dialogue that helps organizations make informed decisions grounded in data.
MARKET & INDUSTRY FOCUS
Logan believes that workplace strategy is the foundation of a successful hybrid work environment. She considers synchronizing the elements of her client’s organizations her mission. She loves learning about each organization’s unique elements, people/culture, processes, technology, and office space, and finding the best way to make them work in harmony.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
Logan holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Emory University and a Master of Arts in Interior Design from Marymount University.
Logan is a native Washingtonian. She enjoys spending her free time in nature and with her family.